Cash App is an incredibly convenient way to send and receive money anywhere in the US and UK. All you need is the email address, Cashtag, or mobile number of the person you want to send some cash to, and the money is moved within minutes. However, that money has to come from somewhere. In this guide, we'll cover how to transfer money from Ally Bank to Cash App, outlining how to fund your account so you can send the cash you want in your Cash app account.
Once you have linked your Ally Bank account to your Cash App account, you can send money to any user directly from your Ally Bank account. Alternatively, you can fund your Cash App account with your bank account and send the money as and when you need to.
How to Link Your Ally Bank Account
The first thing you need to do is link your Ally Bank account to your Cash app account. This is a straightforward process that you'll likely need to do as soon as you set your Cash App account up. You can link your account by following the instructions below.
- Open Cash App on your mobile device.
- Tap the ‘Banking‘ tab in your Cash App application.
- Select the option to ‘Add Bank.'
- Follow the prompts and input your bank details when they are requested.
- Confirm the details that you have just typed in.
After you've completed these steps, you'll have linked your bank account to Cash App. This gives you the option to directly spend money from the account and fund your Cash App account from the same bank.
How to Transfer Money From Ally Bank to Cash App
Now that you've linked the accounts, it's time to transfer money into Cash App. This process, once again, is straightforward. Follow the steps below to move your money to where you need it.
- Open Cash app on your smartphone.
- Select the ‘Banking‘ tab in the app.
- Tap the option to ‘Add Cash.'
- Type in the amount you want to transfer.
- Now tap the ‘Add‘ button.
- Use your Touch ID or PIN to confirm the transfer.
After you've completed all of these steps, you should see your money move into your Cash App account. This can be done from any linked bank account. In this example, though, we're referring to your Ally Bank account.
How to Transfer Money From Your Bank Account to Other Cash App Users
Instead of directly funding your Cash App account, you can transfer money to other Cash App users from your bank account. This process is as simple as both of the above. Follow the steps below to pay another Cash App user from your bank account.
- Open up the Cash App app.
- Head to the ‘Banking‘ tab in the app.
- Now select the option to ‘Pay‘ someone else.
- Here you'll need to input the email address, mobile number, or ‘$Cashtag‘ of the person you want to transfer funds to.
- Type in the amount that you'd like to send.
- Select the method for funding the transfer. In this case, it's from your bank account.
- Confirm the transfer.
With all of those steps complete, the transfer will be made. The funds will be requested from your bank and send directly to the person you defined in the steps above.
The advantage of linking your bank account to Cash App is that you always have a backup for making payments. This is handy if your Cash App funds run out unexpectedly. You should always try to keep your Cash App account funded with enough money for your necessary payments, but a linked bank account is always a good backup.
Now that you know how to send money between Ally Bank and Cash App check out our guide on Cash App's spending limits.