Skrill, an online international money transferring and digital wallet platform allows for accounts without verification to transfer a set amount, but what are the Skrill unverified account limits 2021?
Skrill allows users to transfer at the following rates with unverified accounts using their banking service:
|Daily Transfer Limit||Weekly Transfer Limit||Monthly Transfer Limit||Per Transfer Limit|
|$2,500 USD||$3,500 USD||$4,500 USD||$1,000|
Transfer limits for unverified users will differ based on the country and their method of payment. In the United Kingdom, for example, the unverified transfer rates are much higher. £8,611 GBP per transaction, £12,917 GBP per day, £25,834 GBP per week and £25,834 GBP per month. Each limit is subject to change based on the recipient’s location. The Skrill platform will give the most accurate, current limits.
Keep in mind that Skrill manages its limits based on a rolling basis, meaning each transaction will work against your limit for a 24-hour, 7-day, and 30-day period. Transaction rates are not reset at the beginning of the day or calendar period. For higher transfer rates, Skrill prompts its users to verify their accounts quickly. Let’s take a look at how to get verified to increase your transfer limit and if verifying your account is worth the effort.
Can Unverified Skrill Accounts Still Make Transfers?
The short answer is yes, you can transfer funds with Skrill if you don’t fully verify, but your account will have decreased functionality and lower transfer limits. Each account is partially verified at registration which allows the user to start transferring money, though many features will prompt the user to fully verify before they are able to proceed.
Why Verify with Skrill?
Full verification allows for increased account functionality and services. There are 3 types of Skrill accounts:
- Skriller – The standard account created upon registration. Skriller accounts allow for account transfers and online payments.
- True Skriller – The more advanced account includes a free prepaid Visa or Mastercard and other perks. Becoming a True Skriller requires downloading the app, verifying your identity through their account validation process, and depositing funds into your Skrill account.
- VIP Skriller – Their loyalty program that is accessed through regular use of the platform. It includes 24/7 customer service and reduced fees as well as higher transfer limits, along with other perks and offers.
How to Get Fully Verified with Skrill to Increase Account Limits
Verification differs based on the user’s country, and different countries will prompt for different verification methods. When first signing up for the platform, Skrill requires instant verification at registration in accordance with local guidelines, with full verification requiring additional steps and documentation.
In order to fully verify your account;
- You will need to upload an image of your official passport.
- You will also need to upload your government-issued ID or driver’s license.
- Lastly, you need a picture of yourself taken with a webcam or other authorized method.
Some countries will allow for verification through Facebook. If this is permissible as verification through Skrill, you will be prompted to log in through your Facebook account. Additional address or bank statement verification may be required as well and will differ based on the user.
Full verification typically happens within a few minutes. However, it can take up to several days or longer if additional documentation is requested. Skrill may also determine that other forms of verification may be necessary, which can cause delays.
Frequently Asked Questions
With the ability to send and receive over 40 different currencies in over 130 countries, Skrill is gaining a reputation for reliability and safety around the world. Though the verification process may seem tedious, the increased functionality will benefit users who wish to transfer increased funds with fewer limits and take advantage of Skrill’s full set of features.