People are choosing to leave their plastic at home and using contactless payments, and Google Pay is one of the most popular apps used for this function. With it, you can transfer money to friends or receive funds. You may be wondering if you can get cashback with google pay?
Cashback rewards can be obtained using Google Pay by linking your cashback credit cards and using them at supporting stores. You can also get some money back through Google Pay with special promotions they offer to users periodically.
Are you interested in learning more about Google Pay and how to get the most out of it while shopping? If so, keep reading to find out more.
Who Can Use It?
Like other contactless (NFC) options available on your smartphone, Google Pay is paired with Androids, and the owner can use it for several methods of purchasing, payment, or receipt of money, like cashback.
iPhone owners can use Google Pay to transfer funds between friends or online purchases, but they cannot use the app as a way to make contactless purchases in brick-and-mortar locations.
Some credit cards offer cashback for all purchases whether you buy online or at the store. When you use Google Pay you’ll get the same rewards as if you were using your credit card.
Android users have more opportunities when shopping in physical stores. iPhone users are limited to online purchases.
What Banks Support Google Pay?
There are so many banks that support Google Play we can’t list them all here, but we can let you know of the major creditors who would be happy if you linked your card into your Google Pay app.
- American Express
- Bank of America
- Barclays US
- BBVA Compass
- Capital One
- Green Dot
- US Bank
- Wells Fargo
Many regional banks support Google Pay, and they have an extensive alphabetized list on their support pages.
Stores That Offer Cashback Using This Option
Today, with Apple Pay running alongside them, contactless payments are accepted by most merchants in the United States. If a store accepts Google Pay, then it will offer the cashback rewards you want.
This includes restaurants, movie theaters, grocery stores, and much more. Very few stores don’t accept NFC contactless payments, but it’s always good to check with the merchant first.
Google Pay is accepted nearly everywhere in the United States. Here is a list of a few popular places where you won't have a problem.
- Best Buy
- Burger King
- Dunkin’ Doughnuts
- Foot Locker
- Shell Gas Stations
Can I Get Cashback at the Register?
Using your bank’s credit card with Google Pay allows you to reap all the benefits that the card gives you physically. If the store where you are shopping offers this service then you can get cashback at the register using Google Pay. Stores and banks have individual limitations when it comes to cashback amount limits.
How to Set Up Google Pay – Android
Linking your cashback reward cards to your Google Pay is simple. These directions are for Android users. iPhone owners can skip to the next section.
- Your phone’s Android version must be Lollipop (5.0) or higher.
- Download Google Pay to your Android.
- Open the Google Pay app and follow the prompts.
- Once you have the app set up, you can start adding credit cards.
How to Set Up Google Pay – iPhone
- Your iPhone must be running on iOS 10.0 or higher.
- Go to the App Store and download the Google Pay app.
- Enter your phone number.
- Sign in using your Google account.
- You will be prompted to verify your phone number and secure your Google Pay app.
- Add your bank account.
Once you finish these steps for your smartphone of choice, you can start adding cashback cards to your Google Pay app and start earning rewards.
How To Add a Card To Google Pay
- Open the Google Pay app.
- Go to “Payment Methods.”
- Click “Add.”
- Enter your card information.
- Verify your payment method with one of the options given.
- Enter your verification code.
- Start spending with Google Pay.
Linking your cards to Google Pay is simple. Sign in, go to Payment Methods, click add and follow the other prompts. It will ask for your card info, and you will have to verify your payment method, but that shouldn’t take long, especially if you’re banking with a significant institution.
When you add a card, you will be required to verify it through your bank. There are several ways that you can make that happen.
- You’ll get a verification code sent to you via email or text.
- You can call your bank and ask for your code.
- You may have to allow a temporary charge to your account, which you will verify via the bank app or card account.
Can I Use Google Pay at an ATM?
Yes. Most of the central banking institutions in the US have made contactless As a reality for their cardholders. Cardless ATMs are in every corner of the country, which is fantastic for NFC users. Banks that offer contactless ATMs are those that offer MasterCard or Visa debit cards to their account holders.
How Do I Use Google Pay at an ATM?
Using Google Pay at a supporting ATM is easy. All you have to do is make sure your bank is on their list and go to the nearest ATM. Then do the following.
- Open your Google Pay app.
- Select the card you want to use to withdrawal money.
- Tap your smartphone on the contactless symbol on the ATM.
- Follow the instructions on the ATM.
As you can see, getting cashback points or actual cash is a breeze if you use Google Pay. But the advantages don’t end there.
Cash Back with Google Pay Near Me
We are all surrounded by stores that accept Google Pay as a mode of payment. Choose your store and do a quick search for the nearest one to you.
There aren’t any ATMs run by Google Pay directly, but you can do a quick search of your banking institution to find out where the nearest ATM is to you. Be sure to find one that offers contactless transactions.
Other Google Pay Benefits
Besides getting cashback, there are several ways where you will find your life has improved because you’ve decided to take that step and use your Google Pay.
- Contactless Payments: When you use Google Pay to make purchases at brick-and-mortar locations, you will be safe from unnecessary germ exposure because it’s 100% contact free.
- It’s Free: The Google Pay app is free to you and found at the Google Play Store for Android users or your App Store for iPhone users. You will not be charged for the download or any extra transaction fee when purchasing via your Google Pay app.
- Security: When you use a contactless wallet like Google Pay, you can leave your credit cards at home, which is much safer than taking them with you. If you lose your phone, accessing that information will be more complicated than losing a physical credit card.
Google Pay Referral Program
Another way to earn benefits from Google Pay is by taking advantage of their referral rewards. With it, you can make money. Inviting people in your circle to use Google Pay will benefit them, and you. When they sign up, you’ll redeem the rewards.
How to Use Google Pay Cashback
Google Pay is a virtual wallet where you keep your credit cards. The wallet itself does not offer cashback rewards in the same way as an Apple Card. You have to use your credit cards that offer cashback and connect it to your Google Pay.
The following steps are how you can redeem Google Pay cashback now.
- Download the Google Pay app.
- Add your cashback credit or debit card.
- Start spending money to earn cash back.
Using Google Pay to earn cashback is as easy as anything. Once you start, you’ll be glad that you took advantage of contactless purchases, especially since it’s a much safer and more secure method of payment that's widely accepted around the world.